Fog and Brush coat may be applied to blend new color coat finishes and revitalize old stucco colors. It is a portland cement base product and can be recoated with stucco color coat in the future.
- Fog or Brush Coat may be applied after 24-hours, or when the color has set. The color intensity may be field adjusted by using base fog to lighten the color and box color to darken the color.
- On smooth finishes such as Santa Barbara, an acrylic additive should be added to the fog or brush coat to improve adhesion to the stucco color coat.
- Paint is a coating used to cover a stucco surface. Expo has a variety of paint products that can be matched to any stucco color. Proper preparation is the key to success when painting a stucco wall.
- Paint may be applied 28-days after the stucco has been applied. The recommendations of the paint supplier should be followed.
- If a stucco color coat is to be applied to a painted wall, the paint must first be removed by sand blasting and the wall coated with an acrylic bonder adhesive for proper adhesion of the new color coat.